Searching for the Brightest, Most Creative
YPW IS SEARCHING FOR THE BRIGHTEST, MOST CREATIVE TO PLAN FOUNDERS’ DAY!
Do you have a passion for event planning and overall FUN?! This might be a great opportunity for you! Young Professionals of Wichita is looking for volunteers to help with the planning of 2019 Founders’ Day. We are searching for individuals with the spunkiest ideas, imaginative visions, and highly innovative thinking! Serving on this committee will provide amazing experience in the areas of budgeting, event planning, team management, and more! Please help us bring to reality the most exciting and impactful Founders’ Day to date! For more information, contact Ulises Gonzalez, YPW Program Coordinator, via email or phone call at (316)-268-1137.
Description of Volunteer Role on Committee
The YPW Founders’ Day Committee is responsible for the planning and coordination of the 2019 Founders’ Day Celebration scheduled for July 26, 2019. This awards banquet celebrates the accomplishments of our up-and-coming young professionals and recognizes organizations that excel in their efforts to attract, retain and develop young professionals in the Wichita community. Members of the committee will have the opportunity to re-imagine this annual event to create a more fun and different experience than ever before.
Responsibilities of committee members include:
- Selecting and scheduling most appropriate venue for event
- Selecting the caterer and meal options
- Scheduling DJ and/or entertainment for the evening
- Music, emcee, social hour, etc.
- Coordinating bartending services
- Purchase/Work on decorations
Duties of committee members include:
- Attend one planning meeting a month from October through July
- Help with set up and decorating of venue the day of
- Keep in communication with any businesses supporting us with any of the responsibilities mentioned above
- Help with registration on the evening of
- Other duties as assigned (and as your schedule allows)
- Fun, energetic personalities
- A creativity that pushes the envelope
- And an imagination that is innovative!